- Squid have 8 arms and 2 longer tentacles for a total of 10 dangly bits.
- Cacti photosynthesize in their stems, so they don't need leaves. I honestly have no idea if the one on the kitchen windowsill will ever flower.
|Am I a reindeer or a caribou? I'M BOTH!|
(actually I'm in Alaska so I'm a caribou)
|A handy map so you don't have a reindeer/caribou faux pas|
- I don't know why any woodpeckers haven't come by the feeder yet. Yes, I know I said their might be some. Hey look, chickadees! (see - distraction!)
- Northern Leopard Frogs live 2-4 years in the wild if they don't get eaten by something.
- Pine needles stay on the tree 1.5 - 40 years depending on the species of pine.
- Tea is made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. It is actually an evergreen tree that can grow up to 16m (52 feet) if left alone. Beans loves it, as do I. Bunny prefers hot cocoa which is the seed of Theobroma cacao, which is also an evergreen tree but only grows to 4-8m (13-26 feet). And to round out our hot beverage discussion - coffee is the seed of the Coffea genus which is found inside the fruit. It's the smallest plant of the bunch, only growing to 3-3.5m (10-12 feet).
Thanks to wikipedia for the pictures.
I apologize for any spelling or gramatical errors in this post, my proof reader is 7.